Monday, October 16, 2006

well, plans do change...

Well, we ended up not going anywhere today. Steven just was not feeling well. He spent nearly the entire day sleeping in his bed or napping on the couch in the company of his cat Bud.

And that is OK, as it gave me a chance to take a nap myself this afternoon!

Our black lab Max is being difficult today. He is more than 13 years old now, and his continence has been slipping. He puddled on the floor again tonight. I do not intend to sound morbid, but when he passes away, we will have to recarpet downstairs. For now I just keep cleaning up his accidents with towels. I just let him out to pee, and he took off in the dark and rain. Dan is out looking for him with a flashlight. It is a very cold rain - cold enough that I am surprised it is not more snow. Max has been doing this lately - I am afraid that he is trying to slip away to die in privacy. He is in very good health considering his age, but he has been having lots of problems with his joints and moving. He in more than a year older than the life expectancy for his breed. I love the doggy, and I know he probably does not have much longer to be with us. Now I am completely depressing myself.

This morning the World Series tickets went on sale. I was online right at the time they were supposed to go on sale. I got booted out of the web site 6 times because my request couldn't be processed, then was finally allowed to join the line; was told I had a 15 minute waiting time which was more like 20 minutes - and by the time it came to actually order them there were no tickets left. And the scalper web sites are asking hundreds of dollars for standing room tickets and up to $10,000 for good seats - each. Am I a bit bitter about this? Heck yeah! Fans like me, who have been going to games for years, even when the team stunk beyond words, could not get tickets today - but there seem to be plenty of seats in the hands of scalpers, who are the scum of the earth.

Bill enjoyed his architecture school field trip to Chicago, other than that the President was in the same hotel for the same weekend. Needless to say, the security was extreme. Bill said that he and the other kids almost felt like hostages from time to time when Bush was coming in or out of the hotel. Otherwise they walked around a lot and saw a lot of buildings.

Dealing with ticket master this morning trying to get Tigers tickets gave me such extreme diarrhea that my butt has been bleeding all day. I hope the dog comes back soon so I can take a shower or bath and go to bed!

Dan has been a sweetheart today - so that is one good thing that happened today. He made me one of my favorite dinners (tacos with Mexican rice and refried beans and guacamole) and brought me home a beautiful birthday cake for tomorrow. And tomorrow he will be taking the day off so we can all go to Henry Ford Museum together (providing that Steven feels better) on my birthday.

No comments: