Friday, October 20, 2006

end of the week

The end of my two day workweek has arrived!  It sucks, as I am somehow very tired. Perhaps my attempts to give up caffeine are not working? I did break down the last two mornings and drank some diet coke, though I have been very good about giving up power drinks.

Today I was in a creative mood, and composed some poems. I also thought of a plot for my NaNoWriMo story. I know it will not be novel length, but I will be very happy if I can get a good short story out of it, or possibly even a novella. One of the writers I have a great deal of respect for - Stephen R. Donaldson - has said that you must have at least two good ideas/inspirations to weave together to make your story. I want to set my story in a modern setting, in a mythical place, involving an invasion, and a vengeful being. So I am being inspired by the atrocities a few US troops have commited in Iraq, ancient Rome, the mystery novels I have been devouring the last year or so, and mythology. I will see if I can weave something together from these threads.

No comments: