Monday, October 16, 2006

another absolutely gorgeous fall day

Another breathtakingly lovely fall day. Crisp, clear - the leaves on the trees of our yard are yellow, orange, and russett - and they shine so gloriously in the sunlight!

Had a quiet day. One of Steven's friends came over to spend the day. I went shopping for a little while. I read a very good book in Jaqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs. And did tons of laundry!

One of the neighbors came over to tell us that we have a fox living in our yard. That would certainly explain why we haven't seen the wild rabbits that live (used to live?) in our yard in quite some time! Hopefully if we do have a resident fox, he or she will thin out the ranks of the numerous obese squirrels!

The next two days I think I will take Steven on field trips. Tomorrow a visit to the UM Botanical Gardens would be very pleasant. They have both woodland trails following a lovely stream and greenhouses, so depending on the weather there would be a lot to do there. On Tuesday I think that the Henry Ford Museum would be very cool! I have not been there since I was a child, but I think Steven would enjoy the huge automobile collection. Some of the things are a bit icky - they have the chair Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot by the assassin, and there are stains on the chair.

http://www.hfmgv.org/museum/default.asp

http://www.michigan.org/travel/detail.asp?m=4;4&p=G4648

 

 

No comments: