Thursday, October 26, 2006

to cheer myself up

After that bad dream this morning, I need to cheer myself up.

So here are some good things in life:

* I know a lot of amazingly kind people. Perhaps it is because it is simply because I work in a hospital, so the people who work there (for the most part) want to spend their lives helping people.

* Bud just crawled, all purring and snuggly in my lap. Bud is the sweetest cat in all the world.

* The fall color is gorgeous right now. It has moved on from the yellows to the oranges and bronzes and reds.

* The Tigers did not lose a World Series game tonight. The game was rained out, but at least they have not yet lost it.

*  I am in the middle of reading my favorite Halloween story in all of the world, Roger Zelazny's A Night in the Lonesome October. It is marvelously charming, a story told by Jack the Ripper's dog, Snuff. I smile as I read every page.

* My older son will be home in two days.

* In three days I will be able to see Patrick Stewart on stage performing in a Shakespeare play.

* I only have one night left in this work week.

* I have some of the finest people in the world as my friends.

* In less than a month I might be able to go see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

* My favorite holiday, Halloween is in a few days.

* On Friday I am going to bake up a huge mess of macaroni and cheese for the kids. I love home baked macaroni and cheese.

* In a few days it will be NaNoWriMO, and I actually have a good idea for it this year. Perhaps I can even submit it for publication if it works out.

You know, this is actually starting to work! I am feeling a bit better now!

No comments: