Monday, October 2, 2006

phone call from a friend

I am feeling better about life now. My dear friend John called me at work shortly before it was time to go home. It was good hearing from him, and I have been worried about how he is dealing with the grief from his father passing away. Well, he has the sense I did not under similar circumstances, and is seeing a health professional about depression brought on by his grief. Why didn't I do that when my father died? Heck, I barely got out of bed except to go to work for about two months after that. Same thing when I dumped my former friend the first time. I was so hurt I didn't get out of bed for a couple of months except when I absolutely had to, for work and things like that. Why was I so stupid? Why??? Why??? Why didn't I get any help, the way John is smart enough to get help?

It was so good to hear from John. I am so glad he is getting some help if he needs it to deal with grief. My buddy Jim will be going out west soon, hopefully he can visit with John and make sure he is OK!!

No comments: