Tuesday, October 31, 2006

***sigh***

Came home to puddles and streams of dog pee everywhere - AGAIN. I wish he would just pee in one place - that would be easier to clean up. You could just throw a couple of towels down to soak it up, then throw them directly into the washing machine. But he is a good old doggy, and knows he shouldn't pee in the house, even though he cannot control his bladder very well anymore. So instead of just letting go and making a lake of pee, he frantically runs around while dribbling, so there are streams of pee and puddles of pee everywhere. So you have to nearly crawl around on the floor to make sure you get as many drips and drops as possible. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! And the thing is - you cannot even yell at the dog. He knows he was wrong, but he simply couldn't help himself, as he is so old. Aye yi yi.

I am on a mission tonight. One of my pharmacists was processing the outpatient chemo orders, and discovered that one of our patients will be having his first chemotherapy treatment on his birthday later this week. So I need to find some Happy Birthday stickers left over from when my kids were little, so we can plaster them all over his meds.

One of my friends just got back from Vegas. He visited with John, whom I have been so worried about since his father passed away in August. Jim said that John is as pale as I am (I am lamentably pale most of the time) and very skinny (and he was pretty skinny to start with). John will be back in town for a few days soon, and we need to feed that man!

Bill will be going back to school tomorrow. I do not want to think about it.

I am pretty excited about my NaNoWriMo story, which I will be able to start writing tomorrow after work. I have been spending a lot of my spare time thinking about it. It could be very gruesome, but I think that I will imply the horrible parts rather than directly describe them - that way readers can imagine the nastiness levels on their own.

No comments: