Saturday, October 7, 2006

another Tigers win!

The world is ending!  The Tigers win another game against the Yankees!  Certainly no one I know was expecting them to win any playoff games. We were all just ecstatically happy that they gave us a winning season after all of these years of severe suckitude. And now they are just piling on one marvelous gift to us long suffering fans after another.   Heck, no one expected any playoff wins - no one expects any more playoff wins. But we'll sure take these wins as a great bonus after the dream season the Tigers gave us!!!

Yesterday turned out to be the day I got the twelve hours of sleep. I got up at my usual time, but realized that I was so tired that I had a headache and I was actually dizzy. So I slept most of the day, after making sure that Steven had his school assignments. I dragged out of bed shortly before the Tigers game to help cook dinner and watch the game.

I am feeling better today.  Which is good, as Steven has a soccer game and we are going to the big jazz concert tonight!

Plus, I only have to work the next five days, then I will have a five day weekend between Oct. 13 and Oct. 17. I am so looking forward to that weekend, no one would ever be able to believe it!

My original thought was to grab Steven and head out east and spend it in western Maryland. That area is central to a lot of important Civil War sites like Harper's Ferry, Antietam, and Gettysburg. It would be perfect to go along with the home schooling. Plus, it would be wooded and hilly and gloriously beautiful with the fall colors.

But Dan didn't like that idea, and suggested we borrow the cabin of one of his friends in northern Michigan instead. I was OK with that, as the fall colors up there will also be gloriously beautiful.

Now, one of the companies he contracts for is planning to move a bunch of offices, as well as opening a new branch building, so he might not be able to go out of town at all.

So Steven and I might just go down and visit Bill for a couple of days.

In truth, my birthday is part of that weekend, and all I want for my birthday is to see Bill anyway.

No comments: