Sunday, October 8, 2006

Tigers to play for the pennant!

The Tigers won last night! They will playing for the American League pennant!!

Otherwise things are not going all that well. Since it has been warm and sunny the last few days, the ragweed pollen is getting bad again. Steven had his soccer game yesterday afternoon, and he was running around hunched over holding his chest again, as he does when his asthma is bothering him. And I was dumb enough to go watch his game, so today I am sick, too. In fact, I just got sent home from work again because I am running a low grade fever again, as I do whenever my allergies are getting out of control. And  my head hurts, and my ears feel weird. Definately things are getting out of control again!

I will not be able togo see Bill next weekend. It turns out that next weekend will be his architecture field trip to Chicago. So now I am not sure where I will go for my long weekend. Dan will not let me drive too far by myself (or with only Steven). The Tigers games are all sold out, and the scalpers are being even more greedy than usual. I am afraid I will be stuck at home for a five day weekend, and will have nothing more productive to do than clean the house. And that would make me puke.

And we missed the concert last night. Dan had to take care of something up in Holly, and the map quest directions were just...really bad. So he took at least half an hour trying to figure out where he was going. So he got done too late for us to go to the concert.

So, while I am ecstatically happy about the Tigers, other things could be better today.

But the Tigers beating the Yankees does make up for the other stuff.

No comments: