Monday, October 30, 2006

very quiet night

Today was the high holy day of the year for people who work off shifts. That's right - it was "fall back", the end of daylight savings time. An extra hour of blessed sleep for us every morning! YAY!!

Tonight at work it was ridiculously quiet. It was like a major holiday night. It would be nice to have a medium night every now and then - enough work to keep things interesting without killing you. It usually seems to be one extreme (quiet) or the other (butt kickingly busy). I was tempted to use some vacation time and come home early, but managed (somehow) to stick it out.

Then I got home and the kids were both still up, so I had to chase them both to bed. Dan had apparently been out cold for hours (he worked way too many hours last week), and probably did not know they were both up so late.

I think Steven is nearly as happy to have Bill home as I am! He doesn't want to be away from his brother, so if big brother is staying up until 1AM eating milano cookies and watching football on TV, so will little brother.

I was so glad that Steven enjoyed the play so much the other night. I knew that Dan and I would - and hoped that the little guy would as well. I couldn't believe how good our seats were - a bit off to the side and five rows back from the stage. You felt as if you could just reach out and touch the actors if you wanted to. And yet these were among the cheaper seats in the theater! Some things do not make much sense, but I will not question our very good fortune. And on Friday night will be Julius Caesar.

Now it is time for a shower and bed.

No comments: