Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tigers win again!!

It was reportedly an ugly game, but the Tigers won it! YES!!! They now  have a 2-0 lead in the American League Pennant series! And now they come home for the next three games!

One of the Yankees pitchers died today in a truly bizarre accident. This guy was young, and left behind a wife and a little boy. He grew up in the very same San Gabriel Valley town where Dan grew up, and lived in the adjoining town - where one of Dan's stepbrothers and his wife and Dan's sister and her second husband and children live. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan's stepbrother might have known the man. They lived in the same small city and both were pilots of small planes. There is one airport near Glendora for small planes, and all of the people who use it seem to know each other.

I broke all of the rules at work tonight. We ran out of a very commonly used over the counter medication, so I just got in my Jeep and drove down the road to the nearest drugstore, bought it with my own money, and brought it in for our patients to use. If you run out of a medication, you are supposed to borrow it from another hospital, and use a cab for transport. Well, that seemed silly for medicine that costs $1.50 a bottle. You are not supposed to leave your duty station unless for an emergency or if you are going home sick. Well, chewable low dose aspirin is not an emergency, but we have a lot of elderly patients with heart conditions that take it daily. I just did not care. Sometimes rules are meant to be broken, and sometimes government red tape needs to be cut through. The patients have their medicine. I got to drive in the wind storm and rain at night and have a bit of an adventure. And I am out about $5, and do not care.

I am still sick. I am sick of being sick, too!

No comments: