Tuesday, January 23, 2007

what a stinkin' night

Man oh man, were there ever a lot of call-ins at work tonight. I was the only regular afternoon person who showed up, and one person on midnights showed up. We were laughing that we must not be "kewl kids" and that the clique did not invite us to their skip day party. Obviously these people are sick (which is why they called in), not skipping - but sometimes you have to either laugh or cry, and we went for the laugh and some corny jokes about those rotten days from high school.

Thankfully enough people stayed for overtime, that the work got done. Which is what really matters when all is said and done.

I think I am two weeks ahead with the literature and astronomy now - an hour or so of work tonight and should also be with the history. I have to go work on that now.

slacker list (last two days) - working on home schooling lessons

Steven Erikson's The Bonehunters has arrived in the mail. I got a trade paperback copy from a little store in the Amazon.com marketplace. They import Erikson's books from Britain. I am not sure when I will have time to read it, as this one is another cinder block (maybe even as big as Memories of Ice) but it does look like he moves back into the Malazan Empire again, after leaving it in Midnight Tides. And the back cover mentions that Karsa - coolest barbarian ever will be in the story, which makes me very happy. As does a quick scan through that shows he will be knitting in some of the Midnight Tides characters.

No comments: