Wednesday, January 24, 2007

hanging in there

Hanging in there. Last night everyone came in to work, which made life much better.

I am worn out, though. And my knee is bothering me a lot. About three weeks ago I slipped and took a nasty tumble on my butt at work. I twisted my right knee at the time. It was stiff and sore for a day or so afterwards, as you would expect, but it seems to have gotten a little worse everyday rather than better. It is OK to stand, walk, sit, or lie down. But certain movements (including driving) are very painful. And it is sore enough that I have to take naprosyn before bed every night, or it aches too much for me to fall asleep. Dan saw me limping around this morning, and he is going to get some sort of knee sleeve for me to where until it can heal. So hopefully things will be better soon!

Two more days and I can get my eyes checked and get new glasses! Not to mention getting to go out to a nice lunch with my husband, which is always pleasant.

Dan will be taking Steven to wrestling tournaments on both Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend, so I am hoping to have a nice and quiet day on Saturday, and watch a few movies and just take it easy. That should help as well. Just relax, keep off that knee as much as possible, drink lots of soothing herbal tea...

slacker list for the past two days:

running loads of dishes through the dishwasher

picking up and straightening things in the house

getting ready for garbage pick-up day (tomorrow)

No comments: