Friday, January 5, 2007

my new year's resolutions

I have only a couple of New Year's Resolutions this year:

1. Not to feel guilty if I give my former friend Mr. Grinch a little verbal needle or even a bit of a verbal slap down now and then. He treated me like total crap many times with no remorse and no apology. So while I would never go out of my way to needle someone, if he is around and I cannot resist giving a little crappiness back - there is really no reason for me to feel guilt over it. He really is my only enemy in the world, and it is not like I go out looking for him. And I only am truly mean if he is snotty to me first. And certainly being ladylike and nice to him when he has been cruel has succeeded in nothing other than giving him a free pass to continue to treat me with rottenness.

2. Try to be less of a slacker when it comes to housework. If I do at least one productive thing in the house every day, the house will not be perfect, but it will be better. To try to write down the productive things every day to inspire myself to keep it up.

Today:

* one load of dishes and bleached that half of the sink (might turn into two loads)

* one load of laundry (might turn into two loads)

* dug Dan's dirty clothes from the pile under and at the foot of the bed so I can wash them

* got the Christmas decorations into one room so I can pack them away - will plan on packing them as the afternoon and evening go on (with the exceptions of the lights on the bushes outside, as it has been raining the last two days)

 

Not bad for a day when I am so tired!

No comments: