Friday, January 12, 2007

tired day

Last night I made myself a very simple but very filling and delicious dinner. I heated up a can of corn chowder then melted a bunch of sharp Cheddar cheese over it and dipped into it with blue corn chips. I know that old saying is "Hunger makes the best sauce" but that was just so hot and so good. I opened a bottle of wine we'd sitting around for months and had a glass of it, mixed with fruit juice. I can never drink red wine by itself - I have not ever been able to find one whose taste that I like. This one - Wrongo Dongo - from Spain - came fairly close to being drinkable - perhaps the closest I have ever come with a red. The wine knocked me out cold.

I did wake up about 6AM from muscle cramps in my back. I got up and let the dog out and moved around a bit, felt better, then went to back to bed.

This afternoon was filled with senior moments. I went to Wal-Mart to get some mailing envelopes so I can finally mail people their holiday gifts, and canned pet food. I remembered the canned pet food, but not the mailing envelopes. Then I went to Kroger because I know they sell postage stamps at the registers. I bought a cart load of groceries, but forgot the stamps. DOH!

They have changed the weather forecast from freezing drizzle/rain to just plain old snow, so maybe it won't be so bad if I make a quick run out tomorrow to get those two things. Maybe I can run to the Kroger in Milan, and drop off the mail at the post office while I am at it. Dan had paid most of the bills right before he left, but ran out of stamps. I need to go through a small stack of mail he thought might be junk mail to double check it, and just stick stamps on the envelopes and mail them for the bills that were prepared but did not get mailed. With this a holiday weekend, I do need to get them out tomorrow so they can get started on their journeys.

That will not be too bad, so maybe I will do that.

Not today, though. I am really tired (which probably led to the senior moments) and just want to rest and relax as much as possible.

Tonight I have the things to make myself a home made pizza, or refried bean tacos, or fettucini and garlic bread. I also have a nice bag of salad so if I wish I can just have soup and salad tonight. Not sure which one I will make, but I will accompany it with wine, given how well the wine dulled the pain and helped me sleep last night.

Today's slacker list:

two loads of laundry (maybe more later)

started picking up/straightening Steven's room

load of dishes

grocery shopping

probably sorting out the pile of probable junk mail

No comments: