Monday, January 8, 2007

horrible night at work; homeschooling restarts

Last night was a horrible night at work. There were call ins on days, and lots and lots of work was left for me to complete. No one had stocked the area I was working in since I myself had last Thursday night. There was a cart full of drugs that had come in from a delivery on Friday during the day, and it was still sitting there for me to put away on Sunday night. I was so angry. And then when I went to the warehouse to get stock (since everything was empty) I slipped on a little wet place on the floor and went flying into the air! I twisted my right knee and left ankle and landed really hard on my butt (at least it was not my head). That was a very fitting end to a really bad night. Today I am very stiff and sore and grouchy. The hot shower and naproxen helped last night; I will do the same when I get home from work tonight, as I will probably be even more stiff and more sore.

Home schooling started back up today. We are following the school district calendar. Steven had a bit of history and a big algebra test.

I have decided that home schooling should be a part of the slacker list, as I  do spend so much time on it. I am usually very fair to other people; in this I am being fair to myself.

Today's slacker list:

* prepared a literature lesson on the Odyssey

* prepared a science lesson on comets

* put together Dan's Christmas gift of a relaxation fountain - I do not have it working quite right, but will play with it some more when I get home to see if I can get it to work

* started picking up the family room (this will be a several day project, the kids have it trashed)

No comments: