Tuesday, January 16, 2007

freezing cold

Just let the dog out, and it is clear and very very very cold out there! It must be down in the teens (Fahrenheit) at the most right now. Most of the house seems to be holding steady at about 58 degrees, so it is chilly but not pipes bursting temps yet.

Bill had called last night, pretty late, to let me know he had made it back to Muncie OK.

Dan called a couple of hours ago from the airport in Phoenix where he and Steven have a lay over. They were eating dinner at what he said was a cool restaurant at the airport. Their flights are all on time, so I will leave the house at about midnight to go pick them up.

Dan had times the return flight so that I would go from work straight to Metro Airport and pick them up when I get off at midnight. But none of us dreamed that the weather would be so wild this weekend and that I would have to use emergency leave because of the power, and that I would be heading to Metro from home...

It will be good to see them. I have missed them. I also want Dan to figure out what is going on with the furnace, as I know I will not be able to sleep tonight if the house is this cold. But mainly, I am lonely for those two particular people in all the world (Bill, too, but I cannot see him tonight).

 

slacker list for the last two days:

running generator to keep pipes from bursting ~ that was an important and constant task

I have come to hate the sound a generator makes when it is about to run out of fuel! It is like tending a newborn baby ~ as soon as you fall asleep the noise starts up, and you have to feed the baby! In this case, the feeding was smelly chemicals in the pitch dark outside in the snow and cold!

No comments: