Monday, January 29, 2007

going to the doctor

Well, I will be heading to the doctor this afternoon. I have had it with this pain crap. There has got to be some sort of exercise or knee brace that can help with this! The whole situation is bizarre. I took that skip and fall on Jan. 7. And at the time it was just a bit sore. Then it started bothering me a little bit when I was driving. Then a little more while driving. Then a little while walking/standing at the end of the work week. Then a little bit all of the time, and a whole lot while driving and by the end of the work week. Then it got to the point last week, when it was terrible by the time work ended on Thursday.

Dan forbid my housework near the end of last week, as the gimp was so bad. I still watered the plants this morning anyway!

I will be turning in my vacation requests for all of next year today at work (provided I go in at all, which depends on the doctor). I have already called work to say I will probably be late - the only appointment I could get was at 2:30, and my shift starts at 3:30, so it is quite likely I will be late, if the office is backed up at all.

I finished The Bonehunters last night. Lots of questions towards events at the ends of the story (what the heck is the Empress up to anyway???), and it looks as if the two empires (Mezla and the one from Midnight Tides) are starting to infringe upon each other a bit. Looks like what I suspected to be the main plot line of the series (war of the gods with mortals such as humans stuck in the middle) will indeed be the case. I usually do not like fantasy books about gods and with lots of deau ex machina events, but Erikson seems to be the exception to that, thus far.

Perhaps because he brought up all sorts of really interesting ethical issues on gods and their followers - when does a god betray his/her followers? When do the followers betray their god? Can the followers stray so far from the path of their god that they can kill him/her?  I love thinking about stuff like that!

I might have to order Reaper's Gale from either amazon.uk or amazon.ca or from amazon marketplace when it is released this spring.

No comments: