Saturday, January 27, 2007

times are a bit trying

I never did get to go to the eye doctor yesterday. They called on Thursday and it turns out that they do not take my insurance after all. A disappointment, though a temporary one. I shall go back to the insurance web site, find a different doctor, and start over.

I do not know if I could have gone anyway - my knee hurts that bad these days.

I hate what pain does to me. It makes me grouchy and whiney. And since I work in a hospital I see pain everyday that puts my poor knee to shame. And knowing how little my pain is in comparison, I feel ashamed on top of everything else.

I have been doing my best to just stay away from people because of the grouchiness.

Today it is better. It is uncomfortable, but does not actually hurt. I think that is because I stayed off it as much as humanly possible yesterday, and am being good about staying off of it today, too. I only came downstairs to let the dog outside because Dan and Steven are away at a wrestling tournament today. And thought, since I am down here, I might at least read my email and check out the internet.

We will see how tomorrow night at work treats my knee. Every night last week it got worse and worse, as I stand and/or walk for eight hours. It is gets a lot worse tomorrow, I will be calling the doctor first thing Monday morning. Hopefully it will not be anything that some rest cannot heal. Perhaps it is time to use some of the huge amount of sick leave in my leave bank - I have months' worth.

No comments: