Saturday, January 13, 2007

sleepy day

Last night I hung in there as long as I could to let the dog out for about his normal final peeing time then went to bed. I was so tired I just went right to sleep - no glass of wine needed.  Ate a plateful of salad and drank some hot chocolate. 

When I went to bed we were having some sort of winter mix, where you literally could not tell if it was rain or snow.

This morning when I let the dog out, it was hailing. I immediately decided not to leave the house today. It was cold enough that I came back in and took a long hot shower. There is just something unpleasant about being outside in your nighty and bathrobe with small ice balls bouncing off of your head. I felt chilled to the bone marrow.

After the hot shower I ate a light breakfast and spent the rest of the morning trying to read Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides. As usual, I fell asleep twice while reading it, but managed to get to about page 700. I have been very bored reading it. This morning I realized that though it is the fifth huge fat book in the series it takes place years before the other books - and someplace far far away from them, too. I also realized that there might be a good story in there, if you were to trim it down to half of its size. I hope Erikson will not be one of those fantasy authors who loses it halfway through his series.

The cars look like they are moving OK out on the road, but the mailbox was frozen shut when I went out to check the mail a few minutes ago.

                   

No comments: