Thursday, March 2, 2006

freezing rain

Got some good news for Bill yesterday - he was accepted for admissions at the University of Michigan's Engineering College. So that is one of the top universities in the country, and they admitted him. Even though Dan and I met when we were both students there, I don't know that our son will choose to go there. I think Michigan is actually pretty far down on his list. Even though he can live at home, it would cost an arm and a leg; more than some of the other universities would cost including room and board! But it is still an honor for him to be admitted there!

Looks like Dan and I might not get our two nights alone together after all. One of the kids is completely balking about going to Battle Creek. <sighs> Dan and I last had a night alone together a bit over a year ago, and it really helped with the reconciliation attempt. It would have been nice to be able to have some more time alone. But so goes life...

Tonight we are having freezing rain. The roads were not bad yet when I drove home, but I think they'll be pretty frightening by morning. There is already some really thick ice buildup on signs, vehicles, garbage cans in the driveway, etc. I am thinking that the kids might not have school tomorrow. We will see...

I just hope we can keep our power. I hate losing the electricity in the winter, when it is so dark and cold...

No comments: