Wednesday, March 8, 2006

spring is trying to arrive

Spring has been trying to come in. Yesterday was bright and sunny and warm; today is gloomy and chilly. We are supposed to get torrential rain over the next couple of days, which might make the big concert tomorrow night interesting. The concert hall has perfect acoustics; I have been to one concert at Hill during a huge storm, and thunder and drumming rain do make for an interesting sound affect to accompany the musicians. In addition, now I will not get overly dressy for the concert. I was planning on wearing a rather short skirt in spring green, hand embroidered with flowers all over it. I am not sure what a drenching rain might do to that skirt, so now I will probably just wear a pants suit. And Dan is being overprotective and dithering about having me walk all over town in the heavy rain that is expected. He is saying he will drop me off at whatever restaurant we choose for dinner, find a temporary parking spot for the Jeep, eat dinner, drop me off at Hill, go park the Jeep in our regular parking garage, walk back to the concert hall, and then go get the Jeep and drive back and pick me up after the concert. I told him that I do not even know why he is worried  ~ in over forty years I have yet to melt from any rain, and besides, we can use an umbrella.

I am very glad to be done with work this week after tonight. I am so tired of hearing the constant complaints and whining. It's just a job; why do people have to make a constant high drama out of it? And it's not even a bad job; I have had so many that are much worse! Some of these people need to get a life.  I try to ignore as much of it as I can; but it does start to get me down after enough nights of listening to it.

This weekend we will probably go to Ohio for a wrestling tournament for Steven. It is near Toledo. I hope I can remember to ask tonight the directions to the Krispy Kreme that is down there. The kids loved going to the one near Eric's house in New York last summer.

No comments: