Tuesday, March 14, 2006

bill paying...blech!

Last night I should have started the bills, but I got to be just too tired. So I got up about an hour and a half ago (way too early for a permanent second shifter to be mentally alert) and will start the bills in a few minutes. I have let the dog out in the fresh snow (which helped to wake me up a little bit), taken a shower (which helped wake me up a bit more), eaten a few bites of breakfast (that was neutral in its waking effects), and am now drinking some serious caffeine in the form of a power drink. Hopefully I will fully wake up in a few minutes.

The bizarre weather continues. Yesterday we had thunderstorms and there was a tornado warning/watch for awhile. At one point the temperature went up something like twenty degrees in fifteen minutes and the atmosphere was very unstable. Then we had a windstorm all afternoon and night. This morning I woke up to fog and snowfall. Then the sun came out! Now there are huge black storm clouds again! And it is still very windy. They are saying that the gusts will continue to be up to 50MPH or there about.

Bill and I will get snow on our drive down to Muncie Thursday afternoon, which sort of sucks. At least the hotel is near the university, so once we are in Muncie we won't have to drive very much if it turns out to be a lot of snow. I am hoping that the forecasters will be wrong, and it will be lovely and sunny and springy.

This wild weather has me in the mood to listen to Beethoven's Sixth Symphony and its thunderstorm.

No comments: