Friday, March 24, 2006

I love Fridays

Today went very well.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the mammogram, but it was fine. I was worried it would hurt, but it was only a little bit embarrassing and uncomfortable. They do squash your breasts a little bit with the machinery, but only hard enough to hold them in place for the images. The most uncomfortable ones were of the armpit area (breast tissue and lymph nodes are there), and even those were not bad. They also told me that I might well be called back for more images. Apparently the doctors do that quite often for women getting their baselines done, as these will be the images they will use every year for the rest of my life for comparison purposes. They told me not to panic if I do get called back in, as it is quite normal. And that is good to know! Because I would panic!

Dan was lovely today. I thought he would just meet me at the radiology office for moral support and then we would eat lunch and go separate ways, but he came home to drive me to the doctor. and we spent the afternoon together. We ate lunch after my appointment at a wonderful little new restaurant which serves Salvadoran food. We had wonderful black bean and rice soup, and tamales, which were delicious. Then we ran a couple of errands for his business, and came home. He was everything you could ask for, gentle and supportive. He even cooked dinner tonight, even though I did not ask him or need him to!

I was very sad to learn today that fantasy writer Robert Jordan is very ill (possibly terminally so). While he is not one of my favorite writers, I know he a great favorite of many readers. And I would not wish an illness like that on anyone. Very sad, and my prayers are with Mr. Jordan and his family.

No comments: