Thursday, March 9, 2006

walk the line; no news is good news?

I just caught the movie Walk the Line on dvd this morning, and thought it was one heckuva movie. Smile

Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon gave wonderful performances as Johnny Cash and June Carter. Smile And they did their own singing? Shocked

I thought it was very moving - how Cash survived a difficult childhood, went on to have an even more difficult adulthood - and finally found a moral compass and a reason to live in the love of June Carter and of her family. Smile

That awful and awkward Thanksgiving dinner scene, where June's parents watch the interaction between Johnny and his father and then step up and begin to give John their support - that and the following scenes where John's life and health are finally starting to straighten out as he begins to dry out with the help of the Carters - that was an incredible series of scenes. Smile

I'll admit it - the ending made me cry. Smile Cool

What a good movie.
Very Happy

I have been calling around today trying to find out how the girl who got in the car accident is doing today. No one has any news about her since last night, when we were told she was being taken in for brain surgery. I am hoping with all of my heart that in this case no news is good news!

I do not go out very often to things that require me to get dressy. Tonight a concert by the Vienna Philharmonic would certainly call for nice clothes. And with the rain, I do not want to wear a skirt or a dress. And I am tired of my one nice black lace pants suit to each and every dressy occasion. So tonight I will wear my silk trousers, so pale pink they are nearly white. I will wear slightly pinker lace panties underneath (I'm not sure if the silk will become see through if it gets wet from a hard rain - I do not want to be revealing, and those panties were the closest I have to a matching color), white stockings with tiny pink hearts on them, and a bright pink very low cut sweater (Dan will like that). For shoes I will wear my black dress shoes with copper embroidery and pink beading. I will carry my pink Coach mini bag. I hope I will be dressy enough for the occasion, and not look like the country girl that I am. City sophisticate I am not, I am a jeans and sweatshirt kind of girl. But it is nice to be get dressy every now and then.

I also made sure that I have plenty of cash to take with me. We have free parking in one of the structures near the auditorium, as we are subscribers, but we will probably eat at one of the very good delis near the hall; also one of the local merchants sells CD's in the lobby of the performing group, with the profits going to the music society. i am thinking that they might have some pretty good music for sale there tonight...also, there is a first rate French restaurant near the hall. It is very expensive to eat dinner there, but perhaps we can indulge in one of their legendary desserts after the concert. Or maybe go to one of the many coffee shops for hot tea and cookies afterwards.

I have to go googling now. Steven came home with a story about a new animal some scientists found - some sort of crab with fur. He wants me to check out the pictures of it.

No comments: