Tuesday, February 28, 2006

cheese hounds

On Sunday Dan and I went to one of the big gourmet grocery stores in Ann Arbor to buy first class cheese. We tried all of the samples repeatedly, and ended up buying one brick of a great and mellow and rich Swiss cheese from Switzerland. We bought two blocks of a great sharp Canadian Cheddar. That afternoon I cut off some slices from both sorts and also cut thin slices from a very crusty loaf of French bread. Everyone enjoyed it. We had half the block of Swiss left, and 1 1/2 blocks of the Cheddar.

Last night when I got home from work Dan and I decided to slice some more cheese. There was none left. Our young cheese hounds had eaten it all!

Last night Steven had a band concert. It turns out that his band districts will be the same Friday in March that Bill has all of his appointments at Ball State. It sounds like I will be heading down to Muncie with Bill and Dan will stay home with Steven. That sort of stinks, since we had wanted to have some family time together.

This coming weekend will be the state high school team wrestling championships. The high school team goes to Battle Creek to watch, and this year they middle school team will also go along. Dan and I will actually have some couple time! I am hoping to make some great dinner reservations, and perhaps go out and listen to some music at a jazz club. Then again, staying home and snuggling and chasing each other through the house naked would also be quite fine.

I've been busy watching the television series Firefly on dvd in my spare time. I am really enjoying it...Dan has only been able to see a couple of episodes, but he seems to like it, too.

No comments: