Thursday, March 9, 2006

rain, rain, rain

While I am still looking greatly forward to the Vienna Philharmonic concert tomorrow night, that has been tempered by sadness. A girl I work with, only in her late twenties, and a very devoted mother of four young children, got into a car crash on her way to work this morning. There were icy patches on the roads.  She is probably undergoing brain surgery to relieve the pressure on her brain as I type this. It hurts so much when something so bad happens to someone who deserves it so little. She is a good person, a devoted mother, a good and supportive wife. I hope and pray that she will come out of this well. Her husband is in his last term of nursing school, and I hope and pray that he will be able to finish school this spring, as they had planned. It is horrible that this happened, just horrible.

It is raining very hard outside tonight. We are suppose to get somewhere around 2.5 inches in the next 24 hours...

No comments: