Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ruby Tuesday

Well, it did get very busy at work tonight, as we thought it might. Just a lot of patients, and a lot of very sick ones. We worked our butts off, and got pretty much everything done we needed to.

They are getting a group trip together for the Broadway musical Wicked. A couple of the girls want to go, and they want me to come along. I did not like the book it was based on, which was what I thought to be a rather bitter and unpleasant social satire. I will have to try to find out more about the play before I commit to that, as I truly did not care for the book.

Spent most of the day online today checking out rates for various hotels with water parks in the Wisconsin Dells. Hopefully by this weekend we can make the final arrangements for our trip. The tickets to the White Sox game came in the mail yesterday; I was pretty excited. We do not get to see much good baseball here in the Detroit area. The Sox at home against the Cleveland Indians should be a good game. I believe the Cubbies game we will be trying to get tickets for will be against the Tigers that second weekend. The game will probably not be very good, but Steven is planning on wearing his Cubs shirt and his Tigers cap, so we will probably still have fun.

Dan has been very cute lately. Whenever I come to bed (if he is still awake) he makes a big deal about how warm and cuddly I always am, and then he wraps himself around me so he can steal all of my body heat. I asked him if he could sleep when I was in Muncie that night last week, and he said he could not sleep at all because he could not get warm. He said he nearly collected the cats to sleep with him and almost set up the heating pad in bed in hopes that  something could get him warm. he is teasing, of course. Though he does like to steal all of my body heat. He's just a cuddle pig.

Steven's soccer practices are Mondays and Wednesdays, and his wrestling practices are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and he still has wrestling tournaments every weekend for at least a couple more weeks. i feel blessed that one of the kids is now done with organized athletics. A few more years and they will both be done - and that will be a good day.

No comments: