Tuesday, March 28, 2006

long long day

Long long long day today. Dan is very stressed out over the colonoscopy tomorrow. He tossed and turned all night, and did not sleep well, so today he was exhausted. (I am also exhausted, as he kept me awake, too). He got himself so stressed out that he had diarrhea all day long, even before he took his bowel prep this afternoon.

At work we are short tonight; they did the same thing to a coworker tonight that they did to me tomorrow - she told them a couple of months ago that she would have to take the night off to take care of a family member having a medical procedure, but they did not schedule her off or cover for her. Why do we even bother telling them ahead of time then??????

I will get very little sleep again tonight; the appointment is early in the morning tomorrow. When we get home, I think I will probably curl up in bed and take a nap.

I am still plugging away on Erikson's Memories of Ice, which is just huge. I get a chance to read for about an hour every morning before having to do housework, so it is going slowly. The book is too big to take with me tomorrow while I am waiting during Dan's procedure, so I will take The Little Prince and finish that up instead.

Bill has pretty much made up his mind on where to go to school, depending on how much money Northwestern is willing to toss his way. It looks like it will most likely be Ball State University for architecture school and honors college. My son might well be a farchy! (They call the fall architecture school admits farchies and the spring admits sparchies). Thank God for the huge scholarship they offered him!

I signed up for a trial membership at Net Flix. My first three picks are two classics (The Seven Samurai and Bringing Up Baby) and the new version of King Kong. My list is mostly made up of classics I have never seen, some newer movies I have not seen, and a couple of television series. We will have to see how it goes...if I get enough movies each month it will pay for itself in money I would otherwise use for rentals at our sucky small town rental place and/or to buy new or used movies.

 

No comments: