Saturday, March 3, 2007

silly cat!

Bill's cat Matty is lying half on top of the keyboard, and kneading the keys with his paws. We will see if I can type this in or not!

I made it through another week. I am still sick and still hurt, though there is hope that things are finally getting better.

I can nearly talk now, after nearly three weeks of silence. And yesterday I was hungry for the first time in about three weeks, though my throat is still too sore to eat many/most foods. Oddly enough, I am not at all hungry today.

I had a re-evaluation at physical therapy yesterday, and my knee is at least 50% better - stronger, less pain, and more range of motion. It is more sore than painful. I can live with sore!

I have been having strange dreams. I will dream that I am walking down the hallway at work, and something feels funny, and I look behind me to see my lower leg lying there on the floor behind me. Or I will be coughing in the dream, and I will turn around to see my body lying crumpled on the floor behind me while I keep going trying to work after my death.

Dan and I met for lunch yesterday after my physical therapy appointment and it turns out that Mexican food is really good for someone with a putrid throat. Enchiladas are very soft.

Dan is doing better, though his cold has been lighter than mine all along. He is still exhausted, though. We are two very tired old farts these days!

Steven is fine. Bill sounded fine on the phone yesterday, though his new laptop is already completely broken, and back at the store for repairs.

Max is doing well. Dan had to carry him in and out of the house for 2-3 days, but he is moving around at will now, though with an ugly limp.

It was all I could do to get through each night at work last week. I had to use my rescue inhaler every night. Every night I came home exhausted beyond measure. Yesterday I had physical therapy, lunch with Dan, and grocery shopping - and that was enough to exhaust me. Today I am doing light housework and laundry, and I am already ready for my second nap of the day.

This is driving me nuts!

March came in like a lion, though thank God we did not have a blizzard or a tornado. The first 24 hours of March featured:

snow

freezing rain

rain

thunderstorms

hail

fog

high winds

more snow

more rain

light flooding

 

No comments: