Wednesday, March 7, 2007

snow!

Heh. Another busy night at work. I got out and fresh snow was falling and the roads were covered.  The snow plows and salt trucks had not been out yet, and there had been just enough snow to make everything very slippery. I changed over to four wheel drive before I made it to the second traffic light! You cannot be too careful on the one night of the year you forgot to take your cell phone to work with you!

So the drive home was slow and careful, but everything was fine, because there were so few drivers out.

The drive was actually very beautiful. The new snow is very powdery, and I cannot ever remember seeing it so shiny. It was like driving on a road made of diamonds, all sparkling and lovely!

I am sad, though - I have been hoping for spring. I think bare ground would help Max feel a lot better and have been hoping all of this ice and snow will melt soon. He is on his sheepskin bed at my feet right now, looking at me all worshipfully, all wrapped up in fleece blankets.

It will supposedly warm up by Friday - Bill should have a decent drive home for spring break.

Poor Dan will have to be out the door at 5AM or so in the morning to do snow removal. He still isn't completely over this cold/flu/whatever it is, either. He has also been exhausted nearly every day.

At least Steven is happy and healthy and doing very well!

No comments: