Tuesday, February 27, 2007

still hurt, still sick, etc. etc.

Max seems to be feeling better. He still cannot get up or walk without Dan's help, but he is eating and drinking (in fact, I just gave him a long drink of cold water) and with Dan's help is answering nature's call (in both ways) outside. We hope if we can get him through another week or so, the weather will tilt towards spring from winter, and he will feel better and his foot will heal enough for him to get around on his own, at least a little bit. Today he is more alert - he is raising his head and looking at people - and does not have that desperate and afraid look in his eyes. We have kept him on his sheepskin bed and all wrapped up in blankets, and staying warm like that seems to be helping him. He has both food and water within easy reach of his head. He just has to lean over a bit and it is right there!

Dan checked his caller ID on his cell phone, and it turns out that Bill did try to call him on Sunday night, about the right time to get back to Muncie. We still have not managed to track him down, but we are sure that he is OK and safe.

I am still in pain from the knee. I am still sick as anything from the cold and asthma - the coughing got ugly enough on me tonight late in my shift at work that I had to use my rescue inhaler, and my coworkers were urging me to run upstairs to the ER for a nebulizer treatment.

I am seriously considering cancelling my physical therapy appointment in the morning. It is one of the half hour ones, where you do not get enough done anyway - and right now, getting rest for the lungs seems more important than the knee pain.

The physical therapy is a blessing and a helping - the knee swelling is not as bad now after work, and I have a much greater range of motion (I can get on and off my own socks now!!) - but the asthma is really bad right now.

I am getting a really bad attitude these days - I am sick of being in pain and sick of being sick. I am also sick of talking about being in pain and being sick. So if I do not make any entries for a few days - know that I am still hurt and still sick and sick of myself being hurt and sick on top of it  - and have retreated from the world for a few days as a result!

No comments: