Tuesday, March 20, 2007

report of the morning

Dan felt much better this morning. He actually had energy and his eyes were bright and alert. That made me happy! Steven seems to be feeling better, too!

Went to the doctor and things are going OK - a lot better, actually. My lungs are still wheezy, and I must continue on the flovent inhaler for at least another month, but they are a lot better than they were a month ago. My body has nearly beaten off the infection now. The knee is better from the physical therapy, and we will give it another month of exercise to see if it continues to improve. If it is still bothering me at that point in time, they will send me in for soft tissue imaging to see what the heck is going on in there. The blood pressure is a lot better, but still could be described as borderline high. I am to continue to take the hydrochlorothiazide for another month, then come in for a reevaluation. At that point they will decide whether or not to add a second blood pressure med at a low dose. I asked to stay on the water pill for at least a few days a month regardless of what other meds they eventually might try me on. I love not getting bloated like a water balloon before my period! I had not realized how horrible it felt every month until it stopped with the HCTZ!

After the doctor, I went shopping. I went to Trader Joe's to buy canned soup (they have the best canned soup I have ever eaten, particularly the corn chowder) and other odds and ends, to Old Navy because they have men's shorts on sale and Bill needs some shorts, Borders bookstore, where I spent far too much money.

The sun is out. I saw wild swans today at a pond off of Moon Road where they have a nest on a little island every year. The flowers are still blooming in the backyard. I have a hot date tonight. Life is very good today!

It is time to do my exercises, then go upstairs for some lunch, my medicines, and a nap!

No comments: