Tuesday, March 6, 2007

still winter

I might have jumped the gun a little bit on getting excited last night about feeling better. Last night I again was up half the night coughing due to sinus drainage. But there was nothing rattling around in my throat, and I never felt like I was going to choke, so that was still an improvement.

But as a result, I am still very tired and yes, still sick - but nowhere near as sick as a week ago or two weeks ago or three weeks ago! And my knee is aching, but not actually hurting, so I can live with that, too.

It is only 27 days to the Tigers home opener, and the ground is still covered with snow - and we are due to get another 1-3 inches of fresh snow tonight. Last night the temperature got down to around zero, with a wind chill of around -10.  Winter was late in arriving this year, and it is very late leaving.

I have been thinking of warm sunny places all day long. I would love to have off a few days off from work and go visit my dear friend out in Albuquerque, or my dear friend out in Vegas right now. I would bask in the sunshine and bake this darned sickness and goo right out of my body!

No comments: