Sunday, March 11, 2007

black Sunday

Today is Black Sunday - the worst day of the year for those of us who work afternoons and midnights. The clocks did their "spring forward" thing and we have lost an hour of sleep. That is an hour of sleep no one will ever be able to give back to us. And now we will all be messed up for at least a week due to the time change. And this happened a month early this year, too!

Dan and Steven are off at the MMWA state meet, which I believe in is Clarkston this year. I will call in a little while to see how things are going.

Bill and I are relaxing at home. I have already taken Max out for a walk. Even though he is still limping, the dog nearly dances when the leash comes out.

Yesterday Steven wrestled at a huge tournament at UM. Dan insisted that Bill and I come to watch. I was allowed to sleep in, then we went into Ann Arbor. As always, when dealing with Ann Arbor in the downtown or campus area, parking was impossible. We ended up parking at Chrysler Arena. You could see the building where the tournament was being held, but there were fences in the way that made us walk at least half a mile with our lawn chairs to get there. We got there and had to wait a couple of hours for Steven to wrestle, and we were both very grouchy because we did not even want to be there to begin with. We saw Steven in one match, then went to lunch. We called Dan when we were done eating, and of course, after that first huge wait, Steven had already wrestled again and was done for the day in the hour (a lot of it taken up by the long walk back to the Jeep) or so that we had been gone. So we just came home. I took the dog for a walk and then took a long nap.

At least the lunch - at an El Salvadoran cafe with marvelous food - was good. And Bill and I were both in a much better mood after eating that healthy and tasty lunch. if you are ever in Ann Arbor definitely go to Pilar's Cafe on State Street! It looks like a bit of a hole in the wall from the outside, but it is very clean and the food and service are wonderful!

My knee is pretty sore from all the walking this weekend, though I am sure that the walking was good for me in the long run. I am sort of dreading the coming week, though, as I have a bad feeling about what physical therapy might do to the knee.

The sun has been out the past two days, though, and today it is ten degrees above freezing - I could go outside in short sleeves! So that is bringing up my spirits.

I just wish I did not feel so bloody tired!

No comments: