Saturday, February 24, 2007

sleepy day

Dan was gone most of the day doing community volunteer work. The kids went to Southgate for a couple of hours this afternoon so Steven could weigh in for a wrestling tournament to be held tomorrow, winter storm permitting (a potentially nasty one could be hitting here tomorrow).

I could not get warm no matter what I did, so spent a good chunk of the day snuggling with Steven's cat Bud under a stack of blankets in the living room. Bud and I were in a sort of sleepy daze.

The kids brought home pizza for a late lunch, so we ate, then I went to bed for a nap. Being in bed finally let me feel warm - or, at least I felt warm when I woke up.

Dan came home and wrapped himself around me, and that was really nice.

Now Dan is cooking up a mess of ribs for dinner, the kids are playing, and I insisted on getting up for a little while.

Man, I was so cold and sleepy today I wasn't even able to read - I simply couldn't concentrate on the story. Is that pathetic or what?

No comments: