Wednesday, February 21, 2007

crazy winter weather

The weather has been Michigan weird the last couple of days. Yesterday it got warm - warm enough to go out without a coat! It must have been close to ten degrees above freezing. I think it must have been the first time it made it above freezing in probably close to a month. Some of the snow melted - it is down to ankle deep now. But while driving home from work I noticed how foggy it had gotten from the snow melting. And it must have gotten cold overnight, as this morning the world was wrapped in freezing fog and the coat of ice it left in its wake. I just let the dog out, and the temperature is cold again - freezing, if that. Tomorrow it is supposed to snow, then warm up and possibly even have a thunderstorm over the weekend. Well, they have always said that in this state, if you do not like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change!

I am very tired today, and still coughing a lot. I made it through work to the end last night - hopefully I can do the same today. I should leave early to go buy the ankle weights I need to rehab the knee, but I just do not have it in me to do so today. Today it is all I can handle to make myself eat and breath and try to get into work.

Steven and I read the graphic novel 300 by Frank Miller today. It tells of the Spartans holding off the Persians at the Hot Gates, one of the great pivot points of world history. The art is stunning. I would really like to go see the film when it is released in the spring.

Dan will have his fiftieth birthday on Friday. I will spend his birthday going to physical therapy and then to the doctor's office. I asked him what he wants for his birthday, and he says the only thing he wants in the world is for me to feel better, which is very sweet. Hopefully I will be up to going out to dinner with him, at the very least! He does not like big deals being made of his birthday anyway, and he has been dreading the big five-o for months now, if not years...

No comments: