Tuesday, February 21, 2006

President's Day

Yesterday was the President's Day holiday. I had the day off from work, as did the kids from school. Bill helped Dan at a job site; Steven and I worked in the house all day. I got a huge amount of housework done over the weekend, particularly laundry. I also found the missing mixing bowl in Bill's room, filled with congealed vomit from when he was sick. While I did not mind (too much) washing the clothes people got diarrhea and vomit on when they were sick (I know they couldn't help it, and I vomited all over one of my night gowns, too), that bowl was the line I refused to cross. I made Bill clean that.

Last night we went out to eat dinner at Los Tres Amigos Mexican restaurant. The food was good, and it made Bill happy to actually be able to eat his fill for pretty much the first time in six years, since he started wrestling. I am expecting him to put on 10-20 pounds in the next year or so, and probably get taller as well. He will be going from the lowest weight his doctor wants to see to a more average weight. His doctor will be very happy to have him put on some weight, in fact.

Two work days, then a four day weekend to celebrate Dan's birthday. It would be nice if he would tell me what he wants to do on his birthday, but I will wing it, and I am sure he will be happy. And Bill will actually be able to eat birthday cake for a change.

Steven saw a sports medicine doctor this morning about his knee. It is healing well, and he can start practicing again this afternoon. In fact, it has healed so much more quickly than they were expecting (ah to be young!) that he can possibly even wrestle on Saturday if he feels no pain in practices this week.

No comments: