Friday, February 24, 2006

birthday

Yesterday was Dan's birthday. We had a quiet day at home, and went out for lunch at a little Vietnamese restaurant in Ypsilanti. Neither of us had ever had Vietnamese food, and he wanted to try it, and this restaurant has a great reputation. The food was tasty, and we enjoyed lunch very much.

After lunch we went to a huge hardware store, and he looked at jacuzzi bath tubs and lawn tractors. Now that the credit cards are all paid off, we can think about making some big purchases and home improvements (the money which would have paid credit cards can now be used for savings and buying things with cash). And looking at stuff like that makes him happy. We did not make any decisions or purchases, but I did pick up some spring bulbs and roots like gladiolas and begonias, as well as some gourmet seed potatoes and asparagus roots. I've never tried growing those two vegetables, but love both and am willing to try.

We then headed down to the middle school to pick up Steven from practice, and picked up a bunch of pizza on the way home. So we had pizza and breadsticks and birthday cake and ice cream for dinner.

It was a peaceful day, and I think Dan enjoyed it, which makes me happy as well.

Today, other than sorting laundry, I am giving myself sort of a day off. I am a bit tired, and want some rest. Tomorrow Dan and Bill will help out at wrestling individual regionals, and Steven will be wrestling at a middle school tournament. I will go spend the day with him in Bedford, down on the Ohio border. I took Sunday off to have a long weekend, and I think I will scrub the upstairs bathroom down floor to ceiling - it has smelled a bit funky in there ever since everyone got so sick...

No comments: