Monday, February 20, 2006

funky work week

This will be a weird work week for me. I just had my usual Friday and Saturday off, then worked tonight. I will be off tomorrow for President's Day, work two days, then have a four day weekend to celebrate Dan's birthday. Tonight was actually pretty busy for a holiday weekend Sunday night. We have a lot of very sick patients. I think it will be a great thing to have a short work week.

The clear and cold weather continues; by the end of the week it should be above freezing, though, and that will be very welcome.

Because our high school will be hosting wrestling individual regionals next weekend, we will not be going away to celebrate the birthday; rather, Dan and the kids will be helping at the tournament. I'm not sure what we will do for the other days I will be off, but hopefully Dan and I can find a little time alone together for some cuddling.

I am reading a wonderful short story collection from one of my favorite writers, Susan Vreeland. She writes about artists and art, and the affect of art on the lives of the people it touches. So far the stories in this collection have been about French Impressionists. I am hugely enjoying it.

I am worried sick about the friend and his wife who will be losing their foster sons. He sounds completely heart broken. He loves those two little boys so much. I wish there was something that I could do to help. But there is nothing I can do, other than to be there for them if they should need a sympathetic ear...

No comments: