Tuesday, February 7, 2006

back to work

Though my back is still aching on both sides right above my pelvis (I think my kidneys are still screaming at me), things are better. I even managed to pee a couple of times this afternoon and evening. That's not usually a big deal...except when you are so dehydrated that you can't. Bill is doing better, too, according to Dan, who came home about the time I left this afternoon.

Ah well. The best lessons we can learn in this life are usually the most painful. I know after this weekend, I will have a lot more compassion for people who have severe diarrhea! And the next time I read an old novel where the heroine "romantically" faints I will get a good laugh. There is nothing romantic whatsoever about fainting - it is embarrassing and unpleasant and frightening.

The dog and cats are very unhappy today. They have not had canned food since Saturday. They have plenty of fresh, clean water - and unlimited amounts of dry food. But none of us can stand the thought of opening up the stinky canned food right now. The pets feel as if they are being tortured, but I think they will have to wait a day or so...

No comments: