Saturday, February 18, 2006

quiet day

Dan and the boys have been gone all day; they have been helping out at the individual districts tournament. I have been spending the day quietly working in the house. I have gotten a lot done; the place is cleaner, and I even found the icky underwear left over from when the kids were sick so the house  also smells a lot better.

I even got a bag of books ready to take in and donate. I even managed to organize part of my to-be-read stack. People keep giving me books, and I have a hard time keeping up with my reading. So I prioritized my stack, and neatened the shelf filled with mass market paperbacks where I have just been tossing stuff for about a year. This should all help when it comes to reading (and possibly then donating) the books.

I also straightened out the fireplace area. The area had been taken over by empty milk crates that were once filled with fire wood. I took all of the empty crates out (it's amazing how much bigger the area looks without them!) and brought in some filled crates. I have been burning a fire all day to try to take the chill out of the air downstairs. It is a lovely clear winter day, and the sun has been cheerfully shining; but it is also bitterly cold.

I do not like housework, but it does feel good to have spent the day accomplishing good things and helping the house look, smell, and feel better.

No comments: