Monday, February 6, 2006

more sickness & am I ever getting tired of it!

Well, Saturday night and on into Sunday was pretty bad. Dan and Bill were both very sick. I got it, too. At one point, after washing my hands after yet another round of having diarrhea and vomiting in the trash can while sitting on the commode, I started feeling very light headed. My only though was to get back to bed before  I collapsed, but I didn't make it. I fainted in the hallway. I came to, scrabbling my hands against the floor like a rat in a cage, and whimpering. Dan was hovering over me - he had heard the big thud as I had gone down. I was glad he was there, as he could get me the garbage can so I could throw up some more. He stayed with me until I was done with more vomiting and diarrhea, and helped me get back to bed until the next round hit.

At one point I realized how diarrhea like that could kill someone, if left untreated for a few days. It was like water, and uncontrollable. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

I was still going to try to go into work last night, until Dan pointed out that I had just asked him to stay in the bathroom and sit on the toilet with a book while I got a quick bath. If I was too shaky to take a bath without a spotter, I could not safely drive or work, either.

Things are finally going a bit better today. Bill is home from school, but he can keep down crackers and juice and water this morning. I am better, too, other than an awful back ache. I think my kidneys are screaming at me because I am so dehydrated. I am drinking as much juice and water as I can stand to without getting my stomach going again.

Reading back over this blog, I have just realized how rough this winter has been. It has been one sickness or injury after another for one family member after another. This is starting to become extremely tiring.

No comments: