Wednesday, December 28, 2005

thunderslush

Well, the weather has been very odd this winter. It was very cold and snowy between Thanksgiving and Christmas; much more so than is normal. Since Christmas it has been above freezing everyday, and raining some days; but there was so much snow from before there is still snow on the ground, even though it has been above freezing during the day for about a week now. Today we are having a thunderslush storm. I had been listening to some classical music, and at first thought the thunder was part of the music. The I realized it really was thunder. Weird.

The cold continues, though cleaning out the cat litter box seems to have loosened up my sinuses. I will have to remember that for future colds!  A continually running nose is icky, but still better than your head being completely stuffed up for days!

Dan and the boys are off at the high school today helping to run a junior varsity wrestling tournament.  I got a book store gift card for Christmas and had thought of slipping out early and going to the book store before work today. But I am still pretty sick, and decided it is probably not a good idea to be running around out in the icy cold rain/slush if I do not have to.

Two more nights of work. I can do this. I can make it through! And then I can get some good rest during the New Year weekend. Since I am anything but a partier, the only thing I wish to do on New Year's Eve is to relax at home with my family. Well, maybe go out for a good lunch, long before most of the drunken revelers get out on the roads.

No comments: