Friday, December 2, 2005

Fridays are sweet :-)

We have made it through another week. YAY! Well, I have. The kids have one more school day, and both have wrestling on Saturday. But they will be fine, too!

We had snow tonight. It was one of those dangerous little snows - not enough to make any real accumulation, just enough to form a nasty little icy glaze on the road. Yuck. But I made it home from work just fine, though I had to drive very slowly.

Bill's first official high school meet was tonight. They had a quad meet in Tecumseh against the usually pretty good Brooklyn Columbia Central and the two perennial power houses Tecumseh and Dundee. Dundee reportedly played with the other teams (including Tecumseh) like cats with mice. Bill had one match, against a kid from Tecumseh, and won with a pin.

On Saturday Steven will wrestle in a Border wars tournament in Dundee (his school season won't start until January) and Bill will either be in Blissfield or Birch Run (they are splitting the high school team in half and sending one half to each tournament). I am so hoping for Blissfield, as it is in the same direction as Dundee and a lot closer to home. And Birch Run might have terrible traffic with that huge outlet mall up there!

Bill is nearly done (finally!!) with his admission essays to the University of Michigan. He is on something like the fifth draft. I was his final proof reader, making suggestions for better word usage and sentence structure. But 99% of the work is his, and he will stand or fall on his own.

When those are done he can get going on his essay and portfolio for the College of Architecture at Ball State University.

Work remains crazy. We had to get an expensive drug drop shipped to us by Northwest Airlines last night. One patient needs it, and we had already borrowed and cleaned out the supply of that drug from all of the other Ann Arbor hospitals. A big truck shipment will be coming in tomorrow and we should have enough to get through the weekend and repay the other hospitals for what we had borrowed.

I have been trying to listen to Mahler's Fifth Symphony every morning this week. I love that particular piece of music, with its journey through grief and anger to acceptance and then a return to life and possible happiness. But every time I get to the adagio, with its lovely soft harp music, I fall asleep. We're talking almost instantly. I think to myself "Oh, here's the movement with the beautiful and relaxing harp music."and literally the next thing I know, I am waking up completely befuddled two hours later. Tomorrow I will try again, this time after drinking some serious caffeine.

I guess it just shows how stressed out I have been lately!

No comments: