Thursday, December 15, 2005

big snowstorm; sick child

Bill now has the cold/sore throat thing and he's quite sick, as Steven was this time last week. Poor kid is cooking with a fever, has a bad headache, and his throat is so sore he won't even try to eat anything other than cold and soft things like little nuggets of cheese and ice cream. He has been sleeping on the couch, as he feels better propped up. I got up at 6AM to sit in the living room with him, so I'm running on just a couple of hours of sleep right now. But he's feeling a bit better now, all wrapped up in blankets and watching Charlie Brown Christmas on video. It's snowing so hard today that the satellite dish isn't picking up a good signal so we're watching videos.

It really is snowing hard today, we're supposed to get several inches of snow by nightfall. The people passing by on the road are moving extremely slowly. It's one of those days where you sit and wonder if you should leave for work two hours early or three hours early so as to be sure to making it in on time! If I didn't work in a hospital, I wouldn't go at all, with Bill being so sick.

The snow is lovely, though. And only one more day of school and I can have my children at home with me during the day for two weeks!

No comments: