Monday, December 5, 2005

Monday, Monday

I'm still not feeling well, but I am trying to have a productive day. Boxed up two Christmas gifts for people out of state and got them to the post office and mailed out. Read another chapter of the French history book. Made it into work, despite another day of feeling icky. I did figure out this afternoon that I can use an overnight pad on both the inside and the outside of my underwear (with the sticky wings feature) and that seems to help keep my clothes from being stained by the heavy blood that goes along with this time of month. I can get more than a couple of hours out of a pad that way. I feel like a baby with a very full diaper, but hey! So far it seems to be working!

I could not believe it this morning when Bill's box of gifts I had ordered from a store in France arrived on my front porch. I only ordered that stuff last week! It got here faster than it would have from pretty much any American store!

I need to get serious about getting my holiday stuff done, so I can relax and enjoy the holidays. Getting those two boxes out in the mail today was a good start to the week.So, as feeling icky allows, this week I want to:

1. finish Christmas shopping (one trip to a hardware store and a trip to a good bookstore should take care of that)

2. order gifts for out of town family members on the Internet (might do that tonight when I get home) -- also must order booties for the poor elderly dog!

3. decorate the tree -- Bill brought it upstairs and set it up for me, I just need to put on the decorations

So I need to find three chunks of time this week. Decorating the tree I can do on Friday when I am off of work. I can do the gift ordering one night when I get home from work...which leaves the shopping trip. Perhaps I can integrate it with grocery shopping, which would be very efficient.

I think I will skip cards and outside decorations this year. We already have a lot of snow on the ground, so it would be a pain to get the lights on the bushes unless the snow melts. I will do cards if I can find extra time, but I will not punish myself if I do not find that time.

The last two years were nightmarish at the holidays. This year I wish to get some joy back into them!    

No comments: