Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

Both Bill and I are feeling better today. I took a bunch of benadryl last night and actually slept through the night, which was a very welcome thing. I have also rested most of the day, which seems to be just what my body needed. I still have the cold - but it is much better than what it has been. Right now I am sitting here typing with Max asleep on my feet. He is very warm, and my feet are glad.

We're about to cook dinner - a rice and chicken  breast baked dish that Dan loves, followed by homemade - from scratch - chocolate chip cookies.  I don't know if any of us will bother to stay up until midnight or not. Sleep is good.

Here are my resolutions for 2006:

1. Give the Hangar a lot of TLC. That is a book discussion board where I am a moderator. It's server was hugely hacked last summer, and participation has really dropped there as a result.

http://p210.ezboard.com/bahirashangar

2. Get my older son off to college as best as I can.

3. Be better about contacting my sisters.

4. Treat myself better (ie. yes -- it's time for that baseline mammogram among other things).

5. Do my best to find the time next year to finally try some authors I've been meaning to forever, such as Erikson and Bakker. I would say clear out my To Be Read pile, but that's way too much of a stretch. Maybe do my best to make a good sized dent into my To Be Read pile? :read2

No comments: