Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day

This morning I took Steven to Mott Children's Hospital for his first of two checkups after his head injury from wrestling two Saturdays ago. The outpatient clinics were all closed because of the holiday, so the place was nearly a ghost town in comparison to its usual mobbed and busy self. Even though the clinics were closed, they saw him because when he was in the emergency room they enrolled him in a study about children with concussions, and since it is a study, they bend over backwards to accommodate peoples' schedules.

Afterwards we went out to a late breakfast. We had intended to go to a restaurant right near the hospital which serves great food, but it was closed, so we went to Panera Bread and got hot chocolate and pastries.

I then took him to Ypsilanti for an overnight visit with his best friend.

My cold continues lingering on. I have a headache, so I am taking advantage of having a day off from work and I just took a hot shower (I let the hot water run on my head, which sometimes helps) and am about to lie down and listen to Mahler's Seventh Symphony. After the music I may take a nap or continue reading Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian. We'll see how my head is feeling.

There are so many leftovers from the big dinners the last two nights, I do not have to worry about feeding anyone tonight. Dan and Bill can just help themselves to whatever they wish. I can just rest, which will be very nice.

No comments: