Friday, January 13, 2006

Trying to keep my resolutions

Well, I only had a few simple New Year's Resolutions this year. I figure if I can keep them simple and few, it might be easier keeping them.

One of them was to take better care of myself. So today I forced myself to go into the doctor for my female exam. I hate it, so kept putting it off again and again. I had not realized that it has been for nine years, but...at least everything looked healthy, according to the doctor. They sure pulled a lot of blood, though, as they wanted to run all sorts of blood tests since its been so long since I had a physical. They even wanted a red cell blood count because of my bad periods, to make sure that I am not anemic from all of the blood loss. I was at the doctor's office for 2.5 hours. What a pain. But it is over now. I even got referrals for the base line mammogram and to visit a dietician for weight loss. Since I got home so late, I will make those phone calls next week. I have also put off getting an eye exam for many years since my insurance does not cover any of it and glasses are so bloody expensive. But now that we are out of debt, I guess I had better take care of that, too. Another phone call to make next week.

I have definitely been doing all I can to get my son off to college. I am looking forward to Sunday and traveling to Evanston. And traveling to Kalamazoo with him for the last weekend of the month.

In my first step to be better about communicating with my sisters, I sat down and ordered all of them beautiful flowers for Valentine's Day. I will send them a card and pictures for that, too, as the time gets closer.

And I have been giving Danlo's Internet discussion board, Ahira's Hangar, as much time and attention as I can.

Best of all, focusing on this stuff is keeping my mind off of my troubles.

And now it is time to take a nap before cooking some dinner.

No comments: