Sunday, January 22, 2006

a love supreme

I was feeling better today. I was able to keep down a bit bread and water this morning, and a bit more bread and juice for lunch, so we went on to the concert.

What do you get when you combine fourteen of the world's best jazz musicians, one of the all-time classic pieces of jazz music, and an enthusiastic crowd of thousands? You get the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra playing John Coltrane's A Love Supreme in Ann Arbor, along with a first half of the program playing songs in tribute to Detroit jazz musicians.

It was a wonderful night to be a jazz fan! The performance was just fantastic.

After the concert, we walked to a little deli near Hill Auditorium called Cosi, and had hot chai and hot apple cider, along with a tray of fresh fruit, warm pita bread, and brei cheese; then when we were still hungry a try of cucumber slices, warm pita triangles, and hummus. It was all healthy and quite good, and so far my stomach is happy with it.

When we got home, I talked to Bill about his cap, gown, and graduation announcement order, filled out the forms, and wrote the check. I guess the time is getting close to his graduation...January is nearly gone, and he will be done with school in may and will graduate the first weekend of June...

Back to work tomorrow...four nights, then off to Kalamazoo for the weekend...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm a breezer. I recently decided to read blogs, and I'm enjoying it actually. It's real life, real thought, pain or joy, circumstances beyond the fictional feed of cable t.v. I could really do this for living....lol

What actually began this, is that I'm a musician. I did a jazz search and your blog came up.

The work I do can be found at http://www.soundclick.com/willpower

I love my music and would be honored to share it with you. I give my songs away free, because I believe in freedom. I trust God.

So, my method is, once you listen, you'll love, if you love it, you'll download it to keep, and if you're true at heart, you'll bless me with your support, and I only want to deal with the true at heart....

I suggest my song "Haters Be Quiet" for the jazz fan. I've shared it with many people on myspace.com who love it. I think you will too...

Aakif,

a.k.a. Will Power

May your health improve and all your joys increase.

1